The Village contracts for garbage and recycling collection with John’s Disposal. You can find out more about them at their website: http://www.johnsdisposal.com/index.htm or you may contact them at (888) 473-4701.
Items that should be placed in the garbage can:
- Plastic wrap
- Plastic bags
- broken toys
- Light Bulbs
- Bagged Garbage
- food waste
- other loose trash
Effective January 1, 2019, all BULK items must be called in for pick-up. Please contact Johns Disposal at (888)473-4701 to schedule your bulk pick-up.
Acceptable garbage BULK items would include:
- Carpeting (no wider than 4ft and rolled)
- Extra garbage bags or garbage in personal cans
- Construction materials in containers weighing less than 60lbs.
Unacceptable BULK items
- Yard Waste
- Hazardous materials & Liquid paint
- FREON Appliances
- Loose bulk construction materials
Regular garbage collection day is Tuesday, with the exception of WHITETAIL RIDGE subdivision, whose collection day is Friday. If a HOLIDAY occurs before collection day, pick-up will one day later that week. The following is a list of observed holidays that will affect the pick-up schedule:
- New Years Day, all collections delayed by one day.
- Memorial Day, all collections delayed by one day.
- Independence Day, Tuesday through Friday collections delayed by one day.
- Labor Day, all collections delayed by one day
- Thanksgiving, collection on regularly scheduled day.
- Christmas Day, all collections delayed by one day.
Holiday collections may be at an earlier time than normal. Please be sure to put your refuse and recycling out the night before your scheduled collection day.
- Garbage cans must be no larger than 40 gallons
- FREON appliances may be picked up for an additional charge. Call John’s to schedule
- Please place garbage/recycling at the curb the night before service or by 6:00 am on Tuesday (or day of service)
Hazardous Waste Removal — Twice a year Waste Managment has a Kenosha County HHW Recycling Program. Check back for updates for the latest collection day. For more information on recycling …please visit the recycling page